The MyKinsta outage today was caused by an error in a database table that contains site domain information. A software bug caused the error, and no data was lost or compromised in any way.
Within about 15 minutes of the failure, we had identified and fixed the bug that caused the error. The outage lasted beyond those 15 minutes because we had to exercise caution replacing the backup data (because there was also live, unaffected data remaining in the table).
We understand that MyKinsta outages can impact your ability to conduct business, which is why we take the integrity and reliability of the system very seriously. It's critically important, and we all work to ensure that problems like this do not occur. If they do, we're always prepared to take quick action. Today's emergency response involved dozens of people from Kinsta's development, engineering, and management teams.
To reiterate, we've identified and fixed the bug that caused the problem, and we're confident that we will not see the same problem again.
We know you rely on us, and we take that responsibility seriously. We sincerely regret the outage today and any problems it may have caused you.